Rankia México Rankia Argentina Rankia Brasil Rankia Chile Rankia Colombia Rankia Czechia Rankia Deutschland Rankia España Rankia France Rankia Indonesia Rankia Italia Rankia Magyarország Rankia Netherlands Rankia Perú Rankia Polska Rankia Portugal Rankia Romania Rankia Türkiye Rankia United Kingdom Rankia USA
Acceder

Farmas USA

135K respuestas
Farmas USA
85 suscriptores
Farmas USA
Página
14,658 / 16,979

Re: Farmas USA

An Epic biotech week Notes: Gene Editing

The Genetics editing space has been challenging of late. Ever since SGMO has failed in-vivo editing, the move has been toward ex-vivo editing of T cells and Stem cells. That is all good since there are some huge opportunities in that space, but now you have a dozen companies all chasing the same indications. Some of the newer technologies like Homolgous Recombination and Homing Endonucleases are unproven. It could be a decade before we know they are truly safe. My biggest fear in in-vivo gene editing is another disaster where the patients all develop cancer years after being treated.

SGMO – They have gone from the hopeful front runner in the in-vivo race to the underdog. I still think SGMO has a huge platform of technology that it can develop, and its all at an extremely cheap value. They have the new gene therapy platform they are developing to fill the gap until their in-vivo editing issues get worked out. They have a fantastic ex-vivo editing program that is very successful for both T cells and Stem cells. I will admit I am not sold on much beyond that yet. I do think the cell therapies alone more then justify this value. A lot of shots on goal here with multiple platforms. It would be foolish if I thought everything would be a success with these programs.

CRSP – This is my top dog in gene editing. It still owns all of its T cell editing programs, and it is in some very awesome programs like its regenerative medicine around iPSC. There is no doubt that this company is the fan favorite and the valuation is really up there. That hasn't stopped me from embracing it on the fundamentals and making a ton of profits off trading it. I think they have a huge potential future that could make them the Celgene of gene editing someday.

EDIT – Not my favorite company for CRISPR, but its just so cheap. I think they don't have their act together wit their science. They do have a very cheap valuation, and they are in some good indications. The eye has a limited immune system. There are not antibodies inside the eye. The retinal injections for eye disorders do not provoke immune responses. We see this in RGNX's data as they are doing people with pre-existing antibodies with no problems. They also have their T cell editing program already partnered which gives them lower potential. The rest of their pipeline is around muscle and lung diseases and we see issues in this space as the current vectors to not penetrate these tissues well. I think is a solid back up company in the CRISPR space if my CRSP got bought out.

NTLA – I am not a fan of this CRISPR company at all. They are highly partnered with Regeneron for their lead drug. They are going right into the in-vivo editing. I think that only sets them up to be the company that makes all the mistakes with developing in-vivo editing. I think this one is only setting itself up to disappoint its investors over and over again as it pioneers in-vivo editing with CRISPR technology. God help us if they really mess it up. They really have no other programs that are all that interesting. Cheap is sometimes cheap for a reason.

FIXX – They have a very early stage science platform around Homologous Recombination. The science sounds great, but I am concerned how it translates in-vivo without off target editing. This science platform has not been proven to edit in humans yet. I am just watching from the sidelines.

DTIL – They have a platform called ARCUS which uses custom built homing endonucleases. These are built for each and every indication. I wonder how much time and costs really goes into designing these things. They did have some early data for ex-vivo editing of T cells that was very good. That goes a long way to show this works at least in the ex-vivo setting. All the same concerns of off target editing with the in-vivo applications still exist. 

An Epic biotech week Notes: Cell Therapies

The cell therapy space has been under intense pressure lately. I think a lot of it has to do with the underwhelming sales put up my the already commercial CAR-T drugs. I also think people are realizing that CAR-T is not working in solid tumors. I think the market is starting to realize new cell therapies are needed in solid tumors, and we don't have any clear winners. The TIL program is the best in class so far, but we still have to see data from the neoantigen programs. The early data from some of those programs was very weak.

FATE – This is still my top dog for cell therapies. I think investors are starting to stress over the first data read outs which should come next year. I get that the first programs will be unedited NK cells so there is a chance the market doesn't get the data, but I think its cheap for a long term investment. Ultimately, it will come down to the data.

IOVA – This is my second favorite has TIL has proven to be a big winner in the solid tumor indications. We just got more great data from these programs this morning. I think this could be the big winner in the solid tumor space as I am not on board with the neoantigen personal vaccine programs. I think its about fully valued right now. I would like to see it get cheap to buy more, but I am not a seller yet.

MRKR – Their Peripheral Blood Cells program has the potential to be right up there with the TIL programs for solid tumors. They just need to pick the right antigens for each cancer type instead of trying to do one PBC meets all. The company is crazy cheap if the science works out. The only competitor they have is IOVA which announced they would be getting into the PBC game.

ALLO – They are working on allogeneic CAR-T programs focused on the already well developed cancer targets like CD-19 and BCMA. They do have a unique lymphodepletion drug with their anti CD-52 antibody. This company has the impressive KITE management. They are valued at a huge premium to all other CAR-T companies. I can live with that since I know I am getting a winning management team.

ATRA – This CAR-T company has been the red headed step child of the CAR-T space since their CEO announced he was leaving back in January. The downward slide had nothing to do with their science as all the data read outs since then have been right on par with the data from before the CEO resigned. The biggest issue here is the massive cash burn. The new CEO just announced they would cut costs after doing a strategic review of all programs. He also sounded open to partners. I am not ready to give up on this one as the data has not changed. The new CEO sounds great. 

Yo doy mis compras por realizadas ya en este momento. Si no recuerdo mal el año pasado el rally de Navidad acabó antes de Navidad. Sobre el 20, me parece. ¿Alguien lo recuerda?

Pues al modelo con soplado autónomo le veo mucho juego. Comenta la experiencia posterior y envía foto si puede ser.

PS: ¿Cuándo perdimos la tradicción de las fotos semiguarras?

Edito: aprovecho para educar y recomendar regalos navideños para vuestras madres, hijas y abuelas.

La sensación del momento:
https://www.lelo.com/es/sona-2-cruise?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI19OJh6Ld5QIVRMreCh30bQLzEAAYAiAAEgKOovD_BwE

Personalmente me incomoda. Prefiero y vuelvo a recomendar el tradicional:
https://www.lelo.com/smart-wand-large

Que cartera llevas ahora ademas de EXEL?

El año pasado no fue todo cuesta abajo hasta el 24 de diciembre, con el index greed&fear a 3. ? Estoy tirando de memoria ...

A mi tb me suena que fue rally pero como los saltos de esqui....y que a inicio de año le dio la vuelta. Me suena..